Bastille Day Fête: Kids activities
Ask for the kids program and stamp the activities your child has completed!
Inside NOMA :
- Art On The Spot by NOMA – two different activities will be taking place
- A Puppet Show and story telling by the French library
- A movie in the auditorium
Outside in the Bastille Day Village kids tent:
- Scrap metal activity by Scrap Metal – “Metal-Cyclopedia”
- Timber wood activity by Picardie – “Casse-tête en bois”
- Bread and butter activity
- Craft activity
- Face painter
- Balloon twister
- Firetruck visit
6:15 pm: Kids Parade with the Bon Bon Vivant
9:15 pm: Traditional Flambeau Parade with the Bon Bon Vivant
More information about each activity:
French Kids Movies
From 4:30 to 6:00 Inside NOMA in the Auditorium
Les 4 saison de Léon by Pierre-Luc Granjon
De l’hiver à l’automne, il se passe des choses étranges dans le petit royaume d’Escampette. Une épidémie se répand, des livres sont mystérieusement vidés de leurs histoires… Léon et ses amis vont essayer de ne pas tomber dans les pièges de Boniface le conteur !
Movie in French without subtitles
Art On The Spot by NOMA
4:00 to 8:00 pm Inside NOMA
Craft activities by NOMA featuring:
- Cocarde Making
- Activity celebrating the famous French painter Monet
5:00 to 10:00 pm In the Bastille Day Village in the Kids Tent
- Mimes: French typical animation for kids.
- Balloon artist: ask for a dog, flower, sword or even a surprise!
- Face Painting: a clown, tiger, princess, Spiderman, or just 2 french flags on your cheeks!
- Craft activities by Scrap Metal – “Metal-Cyclopedia”: Learning about the different types of metals and metal recycling.
- Craft activities by Picardie – “Casse-tête en bois”
5:30 to 7:30 pm In the Bastille Day Village
Kids will be able to visit a Fire truck!
Kids Activities by The French Library
From 5:00 to 7:00 pm inside NOMA in the Wiseman Gallery also called Contemporary Art Gallery.
- Yoga in French from 5:00 to 5:45 pm
- Storytelling by Barry Ancelet from 6:00 to 6:30 pm
- Callipe Puppets from 6:30 to 7:00 pm
Parade with the Bon Bon Vivant band
At 6:15 In Bastille Day Village & in front of NOMA
Kids will parade with the Bon Bon Vivant band to show their face painting, balloons and homemade craft.
Traditional Flambeau Parade
At 9:15 In Bastille Day Village & in front of NOMA
Traditional activity during Bastille Day in France, la descente aux flambeaux or Traditional Flambeau Parade consists of parading children holding a lantern.