BASTILLE DAY FÊTE at NOMA
IMPORTANT UPDATE: France has declared today through July 18 a national mourning. All outside activities connected to Bastille Day Fête NOLA are cancelled. There will be a vigil at 6pm on the front steps of the museum. Activities inside NOMA (New Orleans Museum of Art) will continue as scheduled.
Named the third best Bastille Day celebration in the world by Reuters.com, Bastille Day Fête is excited to announce its new home at the New Orleans Museum of Art. Now in its fifth year, the celebration will be bringing even more of its French flair to the people of New Orleans.
2016 event highlights will include:
- an exciting line-up of local musicians: discover the musical program here
- French and English tours of the museum
- French cooking demonstration in Café NOMA
- French inspired kids’ activities in partnership with the brand-new bookstore, The French Library. Check out the kids program here.
- French Pétanque: discover the schedule here
In addition, Bastille Day Fête is taking the celebrations onto the grounds of City Park with activities including pétanque demonstrations and contests, kids’ activities and French-inspired food trucks!
And to top it off, dogs are invited too…dress up your pup for the annual French Dog Contest where all dogs are welcome to show off their French spirit and win prizes!
Festival Schedule – to be announced!
Food Vendors Include:
- Breads on Oak
- Café Degas
- Crêpes à la cart
- Petite Rouge Cafe Camionette
- St. James Cheese Company
- Nola Heat Retreat Snowball
Interested in volunteering? Register here
BASTILLE DAY FETE IS PRESENTED BY: