Picnic at Washington Square Park
PICNIC AT WASHINGTON SQUARE PARK
Sunday, July 13th – The Faubourg Marigny Improvement Association presents the Bastille Day Picnic at Washington Square Park (700 block of Frenchmen Street from 10:00am until 3pm)
Come Celebrate Bastille Day at Washington Square Park in the Faubourg Marigny:
- Watch the classic Citroëns, Renault, Peugeot, Maserati and other cars from the CitroëNOLA collective arrive at Washington Square Park at 10:00am.
- Join the caravan of classic french cars at 11:00am with your own cycles (and yellow jerseys) through the Quarter and along St. Charles with a return path along Decatur and in front of Jackson Square. Expected return time at Washington Square Park around 12:30pm. (This year’s caravan will be escorted by the Sheriff’s department motorcycles and will be joined by the NOLA Scooter Cooperative and the NOLA Social Ride).
- Play a Petanque Tournament to Fundraise for Washington Park Fence Repairs and Maintenance with the support of the Alliance Francaise de La Nouvelle-Orleans from noon to 2:00pm
- Music by the PresHallBrass Band at 12:30pm,
- Sandwiches and Refreshments Available by Cafe 821 – un bistro français