Bastille Day Regatta
2015 Bastille Day Regatta
July 11, 2015
NEW ORLEANS YACHT CLUB
NOTICE OF RACE
- Organizing AuthorityNew Orleans Yacht Club, 403 N Roadway St., New Orleans, LA 70124.
- RulesAll races will be governed by the 2013-2016 Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and the Prescriptions of the United States Sailing Association except where altered by this notice and the Sailing Instructions. NOYC’s 2015 General Sailing Instructions will be used.
- All boat shall carry all U.S.C.G. required safety equipment.
- All boats shall carry a functional VHF radio and monitor channel 69. The Race Committee will monitor channel 69.
- EligibilityThese races are open to all spinnaker and non-spinnaker boats.
- Yachts may register in advance online or at the club on the day of the race. No entry is complete until payment has been received.
- Current GYA PHRF, or X-PHRF ratings and a valid rating certificate are required for PHRF classes.
- A valid Portsmouth rating, listed at US Sailing is required for centerboard and dagger board boats.
- Classes may be combined depending on registrationat the skipper’s meeting.
- FeesThe entry fee is $25.00 or $20.00 for US Sailing members. Payment maybe made by credit card, cash, club charge, etc.
- Notice to Competitors or Changes to Sailing InstructionsNotices to competitors will be posted on the official notice board located near the rear entrance or announced at the skipper’s meeting.
- Signals Made AshoreSignals made ashore will be displayed from the flagpole located in dry storage. If a postponement is signaled ashore, the warning signal will be made not less than 45 minutes after flag AP is lowered.
- Schedule of Events
||Registration & Continental Breakfast
||Warning Signal – Up to 3 Races Attempted
No races will be attempted after 1230
- Classes and Class FlagsClass breaks and flags will be announced at the skipper’s meeting. At a minimum there will be one spinnaker and one non-spinnaker class.
- Racing Area and CourseThe racing area will be located on the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain.
- Protests – This changes Rule 61.3This regatta will be sailed using the US Sailing Prescriptions APPENDIX T – ALTERNATIVE PROCEDURES FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Sections A, B, and C shall apply. Protests must be filed within 45 minutes after the committee boat docks. RRS T4.6 is deleted
- ScoringThe Low-Point scoring system of Appendix A will apply.
- PrizesPrizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded for each class. It is the goal to award prizes 90 minutes after the last boat finishes.
- InformationJohn Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 Bastille Day New Orleans.